I was thinking of writing a post like this in a public blog, and I found I should, because there’re many people who continue to have the following complaint, rather, a misunderstanding, about me. However, don’t think that I’m an image-oriented guy, though I’m posting this to prove my stands/truth. It’s not a post came from a boy’s anger, but from the depth of his emotions hurt.
Recently one in CEC (I’m sorry, I can’t reveal the name, lets’s call ‘X’) told me that I have turned out to be one whom many of the gangs do not like, today. And X also revealed that many of them liked me for what I was, in the first and second years. I was totally takenaback hearing this, as I did never expect such an opinion about me, especially from my friends. I couldn’t help asking X the reason behind it. It’s more awkward. The reasons, however, are the following. I’m sorry if I am doing it wrong here, but I can’t help:
- Many of the major decisions taken by students in the college, are influenced by me either directly or indirectly.
- There’s a clear case of omnipotence from MH boys, especially in deciding the posts in major events, and in SUMMIT 09 too. I always play the major role in those decisions. And the same scandal had taken place during SUMMIT 09 commitee head finalization. And a strong compliant is that when the execom of SUMMIT 09 was re-elected, it’s me who wouted it to my desire. Also, because of all these actions, many boys outside MH do not get posts, though they deserve.
- Even though I do all these, I do not accept any post at the college, and it’s also a part of the trick (I dunno what is meant). X has put forward some examples viz. in Arts, Sports etc, I, myself, overtook.
- Let me clear it that those who know me clearly would never, I believe, complain like this.
- Yes, I have no posts in CEC so far. Let’s have a postmortem of this:
- From the first year onwards, the posts reserved for my batch were as follows. Let’s consider them.
- General Secretary, Arts Secretary, Sports Secretary, Magazine Editor, IEEE, FOCES, FLOSS CELL, PRODDEC, SUMMIT 09, NSS, Treasurer etc.
- I strongly believe that Arts and Sports Secreatries did their jobs simply well, and those posts are definitely not suitable for me. Regarding the student organizations, I am not a member of any of these. Some people asked me whether I could be the editor of the magazine; but, let me be frank, I think I can’t take up such a big responsibility. Yes, I was in that post during my schooling days, but these days I am not capable of doing it. Now I see how much pain Mr. Sajeesh takes up to complete his duties. It’s beyond our imagination, and that’s why I couldn’t take up such responsibilities too, as I was sure that I couldn’t. I am a self-evaluating person at every corner of my life. Thereby I find myself to have lost certain values, including my confidence in doing things.
- As for SUMMIT 09, I could be the part of the core organizing part so far. But, I swear that I have never played such a wretched role of withdrawing chances of the deserved. And nobody has played bad politics on this. Those who work with me know me well, that I loose heart very soon on issues and I thought that this character must not affect the event. That’s why I didn’t want to be in any relevant position and that I am not in execom of SUMMIT now. Previous General Convener Mr. Arjun R Pillai, and current General Convener Mr. Sanoop Thomas are aware of this character of mine, and they’ve assented to me in this regard. This problem has, simply, been proven in College Day 2009. I was performing the initial documentation duties, but meanwhile i lost interest and I couldn’t even fulfill my duties assigned to me. This is just one of the instances. And that’s why I kept myself back so far. I am trying hard to get rid of this, and many of my friends, especially Sanoop and Arjun are helping me out. Thanks to them…
- Regarding the committee heads of SUMMIT 09, the heads were finalized in the presence of either the student representative of all classes or the execom representatives. Unlike previous years, the SUMMIT team planned to ensure participation of all the students of CEC 2010 batch. And that’s why a huge committee list was prepared, including all the 197 students of the batch. Believe me, no previous SUMMITs had this feature. This strategy is followed to include all the students in organizing the event; but still some complain against the goodwill of this decision. It’s indeed hurting.
- And you may ask Mr. Laiju K Raju, the Arts Secretary or Mr. Jerin George, Sports Secretary whether I was overtaking them… I was helping them in doing things, and I continue to help my friends in whatever they do for the college. It’s very clear for all of you, I believe, that I was trying to help the secretaries during arts and sports. Without knowing all these, making mere comments will do nothing, expect personal harm.
- And for your kind information, no decisions are taken exclusively for and at MH. As far as I understand, every decision regarding the college are taken in the presence of class representatives. Sometimes, MH happens to be the rendezvous for them. That’s all. It must not be interpreted otherwise.
And finally, I repeat that all the above are written in response to the complaints made by some people. Making it public with a view to pervading the truth among all such people. And for myself, I am one who would like to work for the institution I study, and I’ve done it in my past too. Kindly do never have misunderstood thoughts about these intentions. As my friend Amal always says, “Being misunderstood is the biggest pain in the world”.
Comments please. I need your comments to know if I am right or ‘X’ is. You may anonymously post your comments, without giving a valid name or Email ID hereunder.
Arunanand T A